.... And this is our Events team: Ryan, Neil & Leah!
One night in space? The secret garden? An underwater themed corporate blowout party? Or how about an event that simply put is… the greatest show? You may not appreciate all the work an events team puts into a well-orchestrated corporate party or event, but …you will surely notice the lack of planning at an unprofessional one.
Having organised some of the most spoken about events on the island over the last few years, the JUGS events team, share their expertise and knowledge and show us how they load their BIG guns to throw the best events. More specifically, Leah & Neil list the process flow involved when it comes to creating the concepts for events and executing them flawlessly. We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning.
But before we get into the process flow… here are some of the
UNWRITTEN EVENT PLANNING RULES …
which we try to live and work by – always.
- True passion is the KEY to Acing it
- An eye for detail is a close second
- Be open to new ideas
- If you rest, you rust
- Stand out, the world is full of the ordinary
- Be one step ahead
CORPORATE EVENTS & PARTIES: From concept to completion.
1. MEET UP WITH CLIENT & LISTEN TO THEM
- We listen to and understand our client`s vision and goals for their event
- We identify our client`s boundaries by asking all of the right questions
2. RESEARCH, BRAINSTORMING & PLANNING
- We sit at the drawing board
- Research extensively for inspirational ideas. Inspiration can come from anything or anyone.
- Brainstorm and bounce ideas off colleagues
- Always have a notebook or a note taking app handy to jot down the ideas
- If you aren’t excited about it or it does not feel right, it probably isn’t…
so you might have to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board
3. PRESENT THE FINAL CONCEPT & COSTS ASSOCIATED
- Present your ideas together with costs to your client
- Do it with sincere passion
- Be flexible if the client needs to scale up or down
4. EXECUTE FLAWLESSLY & FOLLOW UP
- Plan out the event to the last detail
- Take every step possible to ensure that the event is executed flawlessly. This usually involves a series of checklists
- The event is not over when everyone leaves the venue. We follow up and make sure that the client is happy post event and take any feedback into consideration.
Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like us to turn your ideas into reality ……or better still challenge us….we say we can create an event better than the one you had in mind….
Ryan, Leah & Neil